If you have already scheduled an online session with me, click on the button below to enter the session.
Note: You can also enter my Zoom Personal Meeting ID below in your Zoom software if clicking on the above button does not work:
5 Tips for a successful online session
- Restart your computer before a call. Other software might be using computer power or interfere with your video or microphone. Restarting your computer will assure your computer is ready for video.
- Use a fast WiFi or hard-wired (ethernet cable) connection whenever possible. Video quality adapts to internet speed, so the faster your internet connection, the better the video quality you will experience.
- Use a newer computer with plenty of speed. Sending and receiving video takes a lot of computer power. Old or slow computers will have a harder time processing the video, which can cause choppiness.
- Use headphones. Typically your computer will automatically eliminate echo or audio feedback so you don’t hear yourself talking. But if it happens, have the participant and yourself use headphones.
- Do a Test Session ahead of time. Click on the link at the right start a Zoom test session before your actual schduled session with me.
Doing a Zoom Test Sesssion
You can test your computer and internet connection by starting a Zoom Video Conference Test Session as per the link below: