Click on Enter Waiting Room to begin your pre-scheduled Online Counseling session.
5 Tips for a successful online session
- Restart your computer before a call. Other software might be using computer power or interfere with your video or microphone. Restarting your computer will assure your computer is ready for video.
- Use a fast WiFi or hard-wired (ethernet cable) connection whenever possible. Video quality adapts to internet speed, so the faster your internet connection, the better the video quality you will experience.
- Use a newer computer with plenty of speed. Sending and receiving video takes a lot of computer power. Old or slow computers will have a harder time processing the video, which can cause choppiness.
- Use low resolution. If you are experience poor quality, try lowering the resolution. By doing this it requires less bandwidth and computer power, resulting in less choppiness during your call.
- Use headphones. Typically your computer will automatically eliminate echo or audio feedback so you don’t hear yourself talking. But if it happens, have the participant and yourself use headphones.
Test your Connection:
You can click on the button below at any time to test your computer and Internet connection to make sure you will have a successful Online Counselling session: